Sunday, May 10, 2009

weekend fun

dear ones all...

I took a tiny vacation to he old home place to do some field checking and hunting turkey and mushrooms and maybe a little fishing. Saturday am in the blind by 4:30 am.  didn't think about the fact that it doesn't get light there as early as in Lincoln. I sat in darkness for about an hour. I had turkeys all around, probably 8 or so within 200 yds.  Just couldn't get any to come within the 20 yd range.  Preferably 10-12yds.  Seemed to be spooked by something.  Anyway I gave that up about 10 am.  visited with DeAnne a while.  Went fishing for a little while.  Had a giant ca fish on for about 5 sec. until he straightened out a stainless steel swivel.  Large fish!!  sure wish I could have landed (and eaten) him... or her.  Decided to go mushroom hunting,  Morels, and found quite a few.  It's a little  hit and miss.  Went with zero for 20 minutes then found about 35 in 2 minutes.  Hopefully will sample them later today.  Got home about 11:35 PM.  When I left I had made it to  york when Darlene called and informed me I had not taken any clothes or anything else like toothbrush, shaver etc.  I looked pretty nasty when I made it back home.  I did see several hundred deer, multitudes of bird species etc.  It was lots of work carrying a blind, bow, decoys, calls, and chair everywhere I went when hunting.  good exercise.  I think Darlene and I will go have a mid am breakfast.   Maybe some of you would enjoy taking up hunting turkeys.  Good to eat, I hear, and good for you!!  Coming home I was so tired I put a Portis Head CD in about 3/4 full blast to keep me awake.  I guess it worked.  Darlene is still struggling with sciatic pain in her left leg.  Seems to improve a little but nights and mornings are not good.

Neal

No comments: